Welcome!

I thought I would create a space to share some of my life thoughts as well as some my life's adventures and misadventures. I am not sure what is in store for this Blog. I love God, I love my wife, I enjoy reading, kayaking, cooking, thinking about ways to sustainably help the world's poor, and leaving a smaller carbon footprint on this planet—Steve G’s Eclectic World. As life is both an experiment and a journey so is this blog. I hope that you will take what you like and leave the rest.



Monday, September 12, 2011

LESSON LEARNED AT JESUS BOMBS AND ICE CREAM

Saturday was my birthday and to celebrate my wife and I made the trek to the city of brotherly love to attend the sold out Jesus Bombs and Ice Cream.  It was an event to show that we have not lost our imagination. This was an amazing event where there was an artist on stage the entire time painting, an awesome band known as the Psalters, speakers sharing about what it means to be non-violent and more than loving your neighbor, loving your enemy.  There was also the world’s best juggler and a welder working outside during the show that turned an AK-47 into a pitch fork and a shovel.  Ben Cohen, co-founder of Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream, and Shane Claiborne, Co-Founder of The Simple Way, hosted the event. 
Both of our hosts shared something that I have recently heard elsewhere in Jim Wallis’ God’s Politics, “Budgets are moral documents.”  While I cannot share some of the amazing displays of talent here I can share the two demonstrations that Ben gave us. They are sobering in demonstrating where our government’s priorities lie!





No comments:

Post a Comment